How long should it take windows to upload

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sickbar, Apr 30, 2006.

1. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

Runing parallel on my new macbook pro.
    It takes more then 4 minutes for windows to upload.
    I there anything I need to change in the setting to get it run faster?

Ziv

2. daveschroeder

daveschroeder Member

To "upload"?

You mean, to boot?

Windows XP boots in about 15 seconds on my MacBook Pro, and that's the way it works for nearly everyone else here as well. Ensure you've got enough RAM allocated to Parallels, and that your computer itself has enough RAM to run Parallels comfortably (e.g., preferably at least 1GB of RAM, and 512MB allocated to your Windows XP environment within Parallels Workstation).

3. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

ye boot.
    I got 1 GB of memory. and as I write this I want to die. while the parallel runs the whole system is almost at a halt, running so slow i can't work with any program... thank god - Killed the parallel now.

Im giving parallel more memory (had it on 460 somthing, went on the give it 616).

my god!!!

I started writing this msg at 02:19 and it's 02:33.
    Parallet dsn't run faster after I gave it the 616, just slower and whike parallel was trying to boot windowns I couldnt do anything, my mac just froze and I couldnt touch anything as the colorful ball was turning and turning.
    the second I managed to get the dock icon to respond to me and force quit the hellish thing everything went back to normal

help!!!
    this didnt happen before by the way. started with beta5 became worse now with beta6
    Ziv

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  4. sickbar

sickbar Junior Member

would really love an answer

Is there something I should do?

Before installing the beta 6 it booted slow but worked.
    Now, when I'm booting I can't operate the mac.

Please advise.

Ziv