How long should migration take?

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by grewt, Jul 27, 2007.

1. grewt

grewt Bit poster

I'm trying to migrate from a native winXP to my MacBook, and I'm not sure if the migration is simply taking a long time or if it's hung.

The data transfer (via firewire) took an hour or two, and then the winxp.hdd file appeared to plateau at 22GB, which is approx. the total size of the Windows hard drive. The source machine indicated the migration was complete.

8 hours later, however, transporter on the host machine was still displaying a progress meter that hadn't moved beyond about 33% of the way.

Should the migration take longer than the time it takes to transfer all the data from the source machine? If so, what's an estimate for how long that should take?

Thanks!

2. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Please provide us with Transporter log files on vireports@parallels.com with subject 'Transporter Problems' to investigate this problem more detail?

Log files of Parallels Transporter and Parallels Transporter Agent locate on:

Mac: <home>/Library/Logs/Parallels/transporter_cl.log

Windows: %TEMP%\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log
    for example,
    for Windows XP, 2000, 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\<Usr name>\Local Settings\Temp\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log
    for Vista: C:\Users\<Usr name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log

Screenshot of Control Panel -> Computer management -> Disk management(on left side of the window) from transported system