How stable is the current v4..?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TonyS102, Apr 1, 2009.

1. TonyS102

TonyS102 Bit poster

I upgraded to v4 when it came out, and it virtually brought my macbook pro to a standstill, so I went back to v3. I haven't really been keeping up to date to see where we are at with this, but how good is the current release of v4, is it worth it..?

Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz - 4Gb RAM - 500gb hard disk

2. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

I must admit I'm in the same situation as you and have been trying to get a feel from the forum if V4 has improved. Certainly it appears V4 and the latest update for it 4810 seems to have resolved a lot of the earlier issues.

Regards
    kevin

3. summitscout

summitscout Hunter

Wait.

If you are satisfied with where you are now, WAIT. There has not been an update for 3 months now so nothing has changed in the last 3 months! Assuming they have not fired all the coders there should be a new update coming sometime.... sometime... sigh.

4. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

v4 UPDATES

Thanks for the advice. Given V4 is still quite new hopefully there will be another update shortly that rectifies some of the issues found.

I note throughout the forum that various performance issues existed or maybe still exist. Do you know if these have been rectified in V4 or did the last update resolve them? Lastly is there a recommended memory setting for V4? I currently have mine on 1024 for V3 and wondered if V4 requires more. My client O/S is Vista business. My MAC has 4GB RAM in total.

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards
    Kevin