How to boot from Windows disk?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jpaulus, Jun 19, 2007.

1. jpaulus

jpaulus Member

I had Vista running fine and now I'm getting this message that windows has failed to start and that a recent hardware or software change (?) may have been the cause. It asks me to boot from my Vista disk to "repair your computer" but it doesn't realize the disk is in there.

How do I do this?

I've attached an image of the error screen.

Attached Files:

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello jpaulus

Your Windows installation was damaged somehow so you should run Windows Vista recovery tool to repair it. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Insert the installation disc.
    Note: In Configuration Editor change boot sequence to CD-ROM,Hard Disk,Floppy.
    If you installed Vista from image file go CD/DVD-ROM Options and select "Use image file"
    Than enter the path to your image file in line brlow.

2. Reboot VM

3. Set your language preference, and then click Next.
    Note In most cases, the startup repair process starts automatically, and you do not have the option to select it in the System Recovery Options menu.

4. Click Repair your computer.

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6. In the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair to start the repair process.

7. When the repair process is complete, click Finish.

3. jpaulus

jpaulus Member

Thanks. That's what I needed.

Unfortunately windows couldn't repair itself and I can see from the System Restore option that the last thing that happened was a Windows Update so Microsoft is who broke me. They just blow.