How to install Windows 11 (retail version) [read post #48 first]

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by MichaelH63, Nov 6, 2021.

1. SteveK15

SteveK15 Bit Poster

Im in the same boat QB 2018 Canadian version ... will not work on Win11. If you get it going on Win11, i am interested in how.

2. DirkB12

DirkB12 Bit Poster

It all worked perfectly! Thanks. I created the ISO on my Mac. No problems. Windows runs flawlessly!

3. StuartM13

StuartM13 Bit Poster

Well, today I loaded up Parallels/Windows on my MBP, and now Windows is back to saying "Activate Windows" in the bottom right corner. I go back to activate it again, put in my key that worked before (Win Home 10 I purchased from Dell) and now it says I can't use that key, even though it used to work. So what has changed now?

4. StuartM13

StuartM13 Bit Poster

Ok, on a hunch, because it now says Windows 11 Enterprise...I put in the Windows 11 Education key that wouldn't work before (and the reason I had to buy the Windows 10 Home Key) and now the Win11 Education key works and has activated. Makes no sense of course, but whatever.

5. lojustwier

lojustwier

Thanks for the advice at post #48. I was able to install Windows 11 ARM smoothly and upgrade it from Home to Pro using a Pro retail key.
    (Note: There was some irritating messages at activating and upgrading Windows, but they went away after one round of restarting Windows.)

6. DebasmitaM@Parallels

DebasmitaM@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, we are happy to hear your issue got fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

7. JustinSurpless

JustinSurpless Bit Poster

So I just downloaded Parallels today on my Mac Studio and it tried to install Windows 10... as expected, I was told that it's not compatible with M1.
    It then proceeded to install Windows 11 - is it not the ARM version?

8. DebasmitaM@Parallels

DebasmitaM@Parallels Staff Member

Hello, Windows 11 has ARM processor only. Are you facing an issue installing Windows 11?