How to password protect browser access to my phone?

Discussion in 'Parallels Mobile Device Management' started by PastorZ, Jun 14, 2016.

1. PastorZ

PastorZ Bit Poster

I use Parallels MDM for my Android phone and I think it's great to be able to access phone functions such as texting, address book etc. directly from my web browser on my laptop.

However, when I do access the phone from my browser there seemingly isn't any password protection and as far as I can tell no way to add such a protection - thus anyone with the IP-number to my phone on the local network can access my texts etc.

Surely I'm wrong, but I'm not able to find where I can add password protection.

Can anyone help?

2. EssaysS

EssaysS Bit Poster

I have the same issue. But, I can't find any solution for this.

3. ABDALQADIR

ABDALQADIR

If for some reason, you wish to restrict the use of the Internet on your computer, you can restrict the use of Internet Explorer, by password protecting its use. That of course makes sense if you have no other browsers installed. In Internet Explorer 9 and earlier, you have to start Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Content Advisor > Click Enable.
    In the Content Advisor dialog box which opens up, click on General tab > Ensure Supervisor can type password is checked > Click Create password.

In the Create Supervisor Password box which opens, fill in the details.

Click OK / Apply all the way! Restart IE.

Now the next time anyone tries to open a website with Internet Explorer, the user will be presented with a dialog box asking him/her to enter the password and be presented with 3 options:

Always allow the site to be viewed without the password.
    - Always allow that specific web page to be viewed without the password.
    - Allow the site to open one time only.

This way you can also decide on which sites you would like to allow unrestricted access and which sites you'd like to disallow.

4. JoM1

JoM1 Bit Poster

The same question. Never used passwords before, but now I have to.

5. PastorZ

PastorZ Bit Poster

this is not what my question was concerning - what I wonder is: how do I prevent anyone on the same network to access my phone simply using the phone's IP-address as there seemingly is no password protection?

6. JackR2

JackR2 Bit Poster

Same problem here, have anyone found the solution? Btw have anyone ordered services from here?

7. CateS

CateS

My documents were hacked into a few days ago, I think I need to use this too. Had to use a college papers for sale service since I couldn't rewrite all assignments in time.