How to restore subscription after re-installing OS X?

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by jamauai, Oct 10, 2013.

1. jamauai

jamauai Bit poster

I formatted my hard drive (wiped it clean) and reinstalled the operating system on my iMac that I had previously registered with a year subscription to parallels access. When I installed the parallels access Mac app (second time after re-installing OS X) and signed in, it treated my Mac as a new computer and gave me a 15 day trial instead of restoring my year subscription. How can I get my subscription back? I paid $50 for it! This is the same computer! Not paying again!

2. Kill KRT

Kill KRT Bit poster

I got the same problem! I had installed P9 and PAccess 9 on OS X 10.8.4 and everything was working, then I formatted my iMac and installed OS X 10.9 and created a new virtual machine with Windows 7, and now when I try to connect to it, using my iPad, I see two remote computers: one is offline and has the 6 months subscription, the other one (new installation) has the trial subscription of 15 days!

3. jamauai

jamauai Bit poster

@Kill KRT: You need to e-mail support, they will remove the offline account and give you access to your paid subscription. I was told the developers are looking to fixing this in a future update. Lets hope it doesn't take too long..

4. sergiodonosov

sergiodonosov Bit poster

tengo el mismo problema, debo enviar un correo a soporte técnico para que solucionen el problema?

gracias

5. jamauai

jamauai Bit poster

sí, tienen que hacerlo de forma manual para usted.

6. MarkChicago

MarkChicago Bit poster

I have been trying to resolve this issue with customer service for two weeks now to no avail. They keep telling me to open a ticket which I did. My temporary subscription expires in 4 days. The lack of customer service is very disappointing. This was not a $1.99 app.

7. jamauai

jamauai Bit poster

I agree! I emailed support because my subscription broke after reinstalling OS X 10.9 again and the guy gave me hard time saying he doesn't see any purchased subscriptions under my email address. So irritating! It's the SAME two computers I purchased Parallels Access for. I want my damn money back already.