How to share or access files from a Mac OS Big Sur Host machine to a Mac OS VM Mojave?

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by SteveC26, Jun 26, 2021.

1. SteveC26

SteveC26 Bit poster

The desktop, documents, and other folders share between the host MAC os and Windows VM is highly improved since the last time I used Parallels, but I can't figure out how to share or access files from a Mac OS Big Sur Host machine to a Mac OS VM Mojave?

Is there something that I am missing?
    When I set up the Windows VM it asked me what I wanted to share, but that didn't happen with the Mac OS Mojave VM install.
    I would like to have access to my desktop, documents and download folders or just drag and drop an app or file from the host desktop to the VM desktop.

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly refer to the below steps to access files from the host machine to the virtual machine;
    1. Mac menu bar > Apple logo > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > unlock > "Files and Folders" > check Parallels Desktop
    2. Mac menu bar > Apple logo > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > unlock > "Full disk access" > check Parallels Desktop
    3. Please refer this link - https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v12/docs/en_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/32922.htm