How to switch to another VM?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by poenn, Aug 22, 2006.

1. poenn

poenn Bit poster

Hi everyone,

I have Parallels Desktop for the Mac and am using a VM with Win XP Pro SP2. Now I created a new, second VM for Ubuntu Linux. Now everytime I start Parallels I only see the window of that Linux VM. How can I switch to the Win XP VM? Isn't it possible to have more than 1 VM (running at the same time)?

Thank you!
    poenn

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

yeah, when you first start up Parallels, just before you start the VM goto file/open and pick the vm you want to open

3. poenn

poenn Bit poster

Thanks,

I noticed this menu, but this is a little pedantically. Do I have to do this everytime I want to switch between Linux and Win? I'd prefer to see a list of all available VMs to choose from, like Virtual PC has it...

But what's bugging me more is that it seems I can't run 2 VMs at the same time. Is that true? The File/Open-menu is greyed out when a VM is running (currently Ubuntu Linux).

4. poenn

poenn Bit poster

Ah, I just tried "New window". Is there a better way of doing this? I liked Virtual PC'S behaviour. It shows a list of all VMs you have at startup. This list window can stay there all the time and you can choose which VM to pause, boot, suspend, etc.

5. BBH

BBH Junior Member

I have been able to run both XP and Win98 at the sama time.