How to upgrade from version 11 to version 17?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by EricS31, Nov 10, 2021.

1. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

Hello, I have Parallels Desktop version 11 and the iMac I just purchased has MacOS Monterey. I can't use my PD11 version on my new mac and I have to buy version 17. Only I don't understand what to buy to upgrade my version 11 or what price I have to pay. Can you help me ? Thank you.

2. XenophonS

XenophonS Bit Poster

I am also interested in solving the problem. Thank you for your inquiry.

3. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

4. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

Hello, I just purchased a 12 month subscription and downloaded Parallels 17. I did a clean install of Monterey then used Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10 Pro. I started Windows, I activated it and I installed my Office Pro 2021 Pack. I then started Monterey, I installed and activated Parallels then I launched the wizard because I want to virtualize my Boot Camp partition. But the wizard does not seem to detect my Boot Camp partition and therefore does not offer me the icon. For information, Boot Camp is installed on the same disk as Monterey. Can you help me ?

5. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

I have just been informed that a new version of Parallels is available. I installed it and am now using version 17.1.1 (51537). I tried to virtualize Boot Camp and everything is working fine. I am delighted with this.

6. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello @EricS31 , in new version 17.1.1 (51537) the boot camp is supported. We are glad to hear that your issue has been fixed. Thanks, Parallels Team.

7. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

There's still an issue that I can't resolve. I bought a license key which I used to activate Windows 10 Pro in Virtual Machine. That works well. But if I start Boot Camp natively, my Windows 10 Pro version isn't activated. I feel like I'm forced to choose between activating Windows 10 Pro in the VM or in native Boot Camp. Unfortunately, I need to use both. Do you have a solution ?

8. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

I've just set up a solution to make Windows work with a single license key, both in native Boot Camp mode and in virtual mode via Parallels. I will detail this solution by creating a new post, so anyone who is facing the same issue can use it. The same issue exists with Microsoft's office pack and I hope to find a solution for that too.

9. DebasmitaM@Parallels

DebasmitaM@Parallels Staff Member

Hi, are you using Mac m1 or Intel?