I hate Parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by fbx, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbx

fbx

Well, not really. I am an Original Parallels user, having bought it originally before it went into production. I just now bought 3.0 for the upgrade prize of $49, so you could say I was a supporter.

Anyway, does 3.0 seem like a mess? I have Vista Home Premium (I know, I know) as my Bootcamp 1.3 setup and it runs fine, very quick, fancy graphics and all (this is on a 20" iMac 2.0 with 2GB ram).

I tried to install My Bootcamp (or whatever the automatic machine is called) and at first had problems cause it's set to be XP. I then installed a NEW VM with Vista and that installation went OK, only it could find drivers for a couple things (the network and some graphics (?)).

So I went back and edited the My Bootcamp setup so that it was Vista and tried installing that. Same deal. Runs the install OK but when Vista starts up it keeps asking for drivers for the network and something else.

Is this a known issue?

Also, while Vista Home Premium worked, it seemed really slow. It was a little better on VM (on the other virtual machine system I conveniently forget the name of) but on both it was kinda slow, esp compared to running Vista in Bootcamp itself.

So now I'm wondering, can I just sweep these virtual machines into the wastecan and forget about them? Somebody wrote about how he had some problem trashing Parallels, about how it screwed up his Vista install in Bootcamp. Anything to worry abou tthere?

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.