I keep getting errors because Hyper-V is not available in Android emulator

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BasicGoodmorning, Oct 23, 2023.

1. BasicGoodmorning

BasicGoodmorning Bit poster

Hello everyone,

I'm using a MacBook Pro with 64GB M2 Max and I purchased Parallels. I installed Windows 11 and Visual Studio 2022 within Windows. I'm working on a Maui project, and I need to open the Android emulator. However, I keep getting errors because Hyper-V is not available, and I can't run the emulator. If this is a common and unresolved issue, I will return the Mac and cancel my Parallels subscription.

Thank you.

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello BasicGoodmorning,

Please be informed that Nested virtualization on M1 and M@ Macs is primarily a hardware limitation of the Silicon chip rather than a software limitation that could be resolved through a simple update from Apple or Parallels.

The M2 chip, based on the ARM architecture, does not natively support nested virtualization.

Nested virtualization on M2 Macs is not supported due to the hardware limitations of the M2 chip. However, it's worth noting that hardware capabilities and software advancements may evolve over time, so it's always recommended to check for the latest updates and announcements Parallels regarding virtualization features on M2 Macs by subscribing to this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/125195