I need help fast!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bassikbrian, May 9, 2007.

1. bassikbrian

bassikbrian Bit poster

I'm trying to install Windows XP Professional on a Mac Book Pro. I've done this before and never had any problems. But this time, after my XP disc has copied over the setup files, I get a blue screen error and the VM stops before I can look at what it is. When I restart the VM, it hangs when it tries to boot from the virtual HD. What's going on and how can I fix this? The customer wants this finished today!

2. Ezrem

Ezrem Bit poster

I would guess that it's probably not your Parallels install or VM's fault.

This most often happens to me with a badly burned WinXP with SP2 slipstreamed in.

It might be that you're using an install disc without XP SP2 integrated, though I haven't tried that to see what the result is (as integrated SP2 is listed as a requirement).

3. bassikbrian

bassikbrian Bit poster

It's an OEM disk with SP2. I'm really stumped on this one because I've installed Parallels 2 other times with no issues at all.

4. bassikbrian

bassikbrian Bit poster

I guess it was a bad disk. I used a different one and it worked just fine!

5. Tyland1200

Tyland1200 Parallels Team

This is ccommon of a bad system disk, it is not a Parallels thig, infact you copy of Windows is bad. make sure your disk is not an OEM disk and it is a full install disk.
    please make sure you remove all traces of any and all failed attempts before you try to reload it again.

Tyland1200