i-sight not recognized

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bidione, Oct 3, 2007.

1. bidione

bidione Member

I have latest version of Parallels running on my MacBook Pro. I select "Built in i-sight"from the Devices Menu/USB devices. "Built in i-sight" is checked after this and will not work on OS-X anymore. But the camera is not recognized by Win XP after that.

I go to the Systemfolder in WinXP but no camera is shown in the "Scanner & Camera" category. In the Device Manager I can see the i-signt-cam under "Other devicies", but obviously there is a problem, because it is marked with a yellow "?". It tells me to reinstall a driver for this device but it wouldn't find any on my system.

Do I need any additional software to have the i-sight run under XP? Which one and where can I get it?

Thanks!

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

to solve iSight problems, follow the instructions:
    1) Install Boot Camp drivers:
    1. Download and install Apple Boot Camp 1.2 (or better 1.3) from http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/ or anywhere else.
    2. Browse to Macintosh HD->Applications->Utilities.
    3. Click the "Boot Camp Assistant" icon and select "Action". After that select from the menu "Show Package Contents".
    4. Go to Contents->Resources and choose the DiskImage.dmg file to mount it.
    5. Find the "iSightInstaller.exe" file and copy it inside your VM.
    2) Shut down (do not restart) your Parallels Desktop VM and then shutdown the Mac.
    3) Restart both.
    4) On the Parallels menu, click Devices/USB-Built-In iSight.
    5) Allow Windows to install the iSight drivers.
    6) Turn it off (Devices/Built-in iSight), then on again.
    7) Click off the above to allow the camera to be used in Mac OS X.

So, will it work?

Best Regards,
    Alicia.

3. bidione

bidione Member

Thanks Alicia - worked fine! Only problem is that the i-sight cam produces a much too close-up image when used in WinXP (like 3x zoom). When I sit in front of the camera and use it, only part of my face is captured. To have my whole face captured, I need to sit 3ft away from the camera. Is there any way I can correct this?

4. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

bidione, have you checked the settings of iSight itself?

Best Regards,
    Alicia.

5. bidione

bidione Member

No, I haven't! Where can I check these settings? In Mac or in Windows? How can I access the i-sight settings in Windows? Thanks!