I'm confused, how do I create a support ticket?

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Steelbom, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

I'm confused about how to make a support ticket, I filled out all the details but then it wanted a support code, I checked under my account in the Support section for my support code but none was there.
    I have not bought any support but I thought it said after purchasing and registering Parallels 5 I get 30 days of free support.

I've tried several times to figure it out and have had no success.
    Can anyone help me?

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Junior Member

They've pulled the rug out

I noticed this as well -- and have been pressuring Parallels for an answer. Unfortunately, it looks like the company is turning its back on consumers.

I purchased PD 4.0 last April and was able to submit trouble tickets until PD 5.0 came out, when Parallels started insisting on a support code. Ironically, I found this out when I tried to get clarification on exactly what PD 5.0 would do, because I received a "special" offer to upgrade for $40 for a limited period, ending tomorrow. In other words, at the very point of purchase, they pulled the rug out from under PD 4.0 owners!

Last week (the week of Nov. 8) Parallels stated on its site that consumers who purchased PD 5.0 would get *18 months* of free tech support via email. But this week that promise has been erased from the web site.

In addition, when I phoned Parallels just now at 1-800-395-6682 and asked to speak with customer service, the rep told me there is NO free tech support at all for PD 5.0 and could not explain why Parallels removed the 18-month offer it had posted last week.

3. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

I checked for my support code under my account several days after making this (can't remember exactly), and it was there, and used it to solve the issue I had.
    Not sure about the 18 month thing.

4. Neil Brazier

Neil Brazier Bit poster

Confused Too

As of Nov 29, those upgrading to 5.0 are still being promised fee support, but although I have registered the product and created an account, I cannot find a support code etc. Too bad I spent the money and upgraded as am having numerous problems as per others (based on web searches) with no workable solutions found.

5. Kevin Cranston

Kevin Cranston Bit poster

In a way I am glad I am not the only one who is angry with Parallels. After using the free trial very successfully for a couple of weeks I purchased the download upgrade. Now I cannot get it to accept the registration keys. Does anyone know how to do this?

6. KasperL

KasperL Bit poster

Im kind of in tears after 45 minutes with Chat guys and got absolutely nowhere.

I HAVE a support code - but support system just says: "Code isn't defined." so the system wont let me register my bugs in PD4 for Windows.

After communicating that to Indian chat support about 10 times - they just created a ticket called "Error Message in Bug"

I feel the support from Parallels is not the best.

Why does Parallels even offer chat support when the support staff knows absolutely nothing. All they can do is go by their scripts and if something is not covered by the script - then you are on your own.

I live in a country full of "same calibre" staff as P is using on the chat support - and the problem is cultural. Unfortunately more and more companies does not know how to use this kind of resource.

I run a big outsourcing company - with 100 people in Dhaka Bangladesh - but I would NEVER let them talk to a client directly.

I could cry...

7. TatianaZ

TatianaZ Junior Member

KasperL, that was temporary issue that was fixed very fast that time.

For now, support code information should be automatically added to the corresponding field when you submit e-mail ticket or chat. Otherwise it's available under My Account.

Those who purchased and registered PD 5 are eligible for 30 days of free chat, phone, e-mail support starting from date of registration. Then you have 18 months of free e-mail support till May 2011 (installation and upgrade questions you have found for 5 version). After that free support options for PD 5 will end.

8. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Junior Member