I'm registered, but I keep getting reminders to register!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DrLivingstone, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DrLivingstone

DrLivingstone Junior Member

Help!

I installed Parallels on my Mac (10.4) last September, and successfully registered it at the time. Sometime in the past few months, my Mac lost track of this and since then each time I use Parallels, I get a reminder to 'register' my copy. I kept ignoring it, knowing I had originally registered. I finally got tired of the reminders and re-registered, a few weeks ago.

Today, I finally upgraded to Leopard (10.5.5). I launched Parallels for the first time and I have two issues -- first, I got an error "Operating System Too Old. The installed MacFUSE version is too new for the operating system. Please downgrade your MacFUSE installation to one that is compatible with the currently running operating system." OK, I so figured that I need to upgrade Parallels to bypass this error. AGAIN, I got the 'you must register' screen. I again activated my product, using the license code that I purchased. It was successful and yet I continue to get the 'register' error when I check for updates.

Help!

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven