Image of 4128 Not Mountable

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by toml, Jun 26, 2007.

1. toml

toml Bit poster

I have download the image of 4128 on a number of Macs and PCs at my workplace as well as on my home Mac. When I go to mount it on any Mac, I get a disk utility error stating that the disk image failed to mount due to an illegal seek.

I have never encountered this problem before or with any other image. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tom...

2. toml

toml Bit poster

After a discussion yesterday with tech support, it was stated that there was nothing wrong with the file and that Parallels had heard no complaints from any other people - however they would continue to look into my problem.

I asked a number of co-workers to download the file and they experienced the same problem I had, with one of our computer support people stating that "this had been a problem for a while."

At home last evening, I decided to try the download using an older OS (10.3.9) on another partition of my home Mac. Surprise - it mounted and opened. After saving the file to a USB stick, I then returned to OS 10.4.9 and tried a download. This also worked !!!

This morning, at work, the download now mounts and opens! I wonder what Parallels did to that file or their server???

Tom...

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This is symptomatic of a site that uses a cacheing proxy server. A defective version is cached and all users at that site are stuck with it until the cache is cleared. Not to say your site is using a cacheing server or not, but that is my first guess. That would also explain why nobody else has the problem and why you didn't have the problem from home.