Image tool unable to process the file

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Michele Starr, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Michele Starr

Michele Starr Bit poster

When trying to increase disk space I get "Image tool is unable to process file. The specified hard disk image is either a read only file or in use by another application. Make sure you have permission to write to this file and it is not used by another program." I am running parallels on boot camp that has a 25GB partition and I have about 100 GB on the MAC partition. I am running OS 10.6 with parallels 3846.

Attached Files:

2. VBR

VBR Member

Hello,

You cannot increase a bootcamp partition from Parallels Image Tool as it is a physical hard disk on the computer.
    You cannot increase a bootcamp partition instead you will have to delete it and then create a new one with larger size using bootcamp assistance.

3. Michele Starr

Michele Starr Bit poster

Thanks

I have 23 GB free on the partition yet kept getting error messages that I did not have enough disk space so I wrongly assumed that somehow Parallels was allocating less. I checked the disk size from inside of windows and it is correct so the problems lies elsewhere. Thank for straightening me out