Imaging in Parallels Beta

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tomax7, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tomax7

tomax7 Junior Member

Hi

Is imaging going to be available in Parallel beta?

Love the program and preordered the full version, but I wasn't paying attention and installed 2.1 at the default size of 4gigs. I tried to expand it and the pop up message says imaging not availabe with beta.

How long before the real maccoy is out, or is there a way around increasing the size. I imagine Partition Magic won't work...

cheers
    tom

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

1. Default HDD images were enlarged in Beta3 - it depends on guest OS but in generally 8G instead of 4G.
    2. ImageTool (which allows you to enlarge already existed images) are under construction and will be avalable in next updates.

3. tomax7

tomax7 Junior Member

Next updates to Beta or the Full Release? So if I update Beta 2 here to Beta 3, that will give me the extra 4 gig? I know I may sound dumb, new to this, but love the product!

Running imac and winxp as the guest

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Not excatly. When you creating new default VMs or add new default HDDs - they has bigger default size and you will not encounter such problem in the future.

As for already created VMs - just wait for our Image Tool to come...

5. tomax7

tomax7 Junior Member

Get more HD Space

Thanks Andrew.

Installed Beta3 and made a new VM Hard Drive...and then thought I lost the original one :-(

What I did to fix it was move the 'new' drive to DISK 1:1 and the old one back to 0:0 and it boots up no problem.

Great program