Increasing Windows VM Storage Capacity

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by chris_phs, May 22, 2007.

1. chris_phs

chris_phs Bit poster

How can this be done without getting too technical? Is there an easy way to do this within parallels?

Thanks,

Chris

2. albertoarturo

albertoarturo Bit poster

I'm Faced With A Similar Problem:

I Recently Got A Warning From Parallels Desktop That My Winxp Hard Drive Was Running Out Of Room. I Checked (my Computer-c Drive-properties) And Found That The Drive Had A Capacity Of 7.79 Gb And Free Space Of 418 Mb.

On The Other Hand, The Parallels Desktop Window Shows That My Winxp Configuration Has Allocated 20 Gb To Hard Disk 1.

My Question: How Do I Get The C Drive In Winxp To Expand From 7.79 Gb To Something Larger?

My Imac Has A 250 Gb Hard Drive. I Would Like To Allocate 40 Gig To The Windows C Drive If That Is Reasonable With Respect To The Mac Os.

3. constant

constant Forum Maven

There is a reasonably involved process to do this, which has been outlined in these forums.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Check the thread in the "How To " section

5. albertoarturo

albertoarturo Bit poster

Dear Purplish:

I'm a Newbie and am not familiar with the tricks of navigating this forum. Please advise how to get to "How To".
    aa

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

Where you clicked on "Parallels Desktop for Mac" to enter this forum, look higher on the screen and you will see "How to". Click on that "How to" and you will be in the how to forum.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you can't figure out forum navigation, then virtualization is going to be way beyond your capabilities. Just being honest.