Install macOS 10.13 as a VM in Parallels 18

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by David Martin, May 18, 2023.

1. David Martin

David Martin Bit poster

I want to install a legacy MacOSX 10.13 in Parallels. The legacy install page says "create MacOSX VM as usual". I have Parallels 18. BUT.... can't see how to create that VM. No button for "create MacOSX VM". I click on the plus sign in the control centre panel, but don't get a relevant option. So...
    Can any kid soul tell me how?

2. David Martin

David Martin Bit poster

LATE FLASH: Parallels 18 only goes back to Mojave, which I can use, because it supports 32-bit apps. so how do I install MacOSX Mojave 10.14.6 as a VM?

3. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Really need to rule out one thing first. If you're on an M-chip, then it's not an option. On an intel machine, I get the option to install MacOS and then choose the DMG/ISO. The trick here being you'd need a confirmed x86 version of Mojave as the latest version (IIRC) is x64 only if you were to say download it from Apple.

4. David Martin

David Martin Bit poster

Aries, i'm on an intel mac pro. Thank you for the pointer to a needed x86 version. I'll try the local Mac store for that version. Very helpful reply!! Again, many thanks! best regards, David

5. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Yeah, I found that one out when I was starting to archive installers and just happened to do it After the change, so I was bummed when I missed the option to have the last version. Not that I know of a reason I'd Ever need it (like the bulk of the ones I've archived >.<), but heh.

6. David Martin

David Martin Bit poster

Murphy is forever with us!!! <grin>