Install Parallels Tools Crashes Windows???

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dd55, Apr 19, 2008.

1. dd55

dd55 Member

After installing (upgrading) 3214, I need to reinstall parallels tools. But when I try to do this, Windows (XP) crashes (BSOD). Help? Am I missing something? I'm just selecting Install Parallels tools from the "Actions" menu....

DD

2. dd55

dd55 Member

Never mind. I decided to blow off this nonsense and just go with boot camp for running windoze....

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

You need 5584 or higher
    which Mac machine and OS version please?

WiknXp sp2 is also essential

Hugh W

4. dd55

dd55 Member

I have had XP Pro SP2 running in Parallels for quite a while. But suddenly I got this "pop up" with a message to the effect that there was an "update" that would improve USB support, etc. I simply punched the "update" button. After the "update" was installed, I could not use the system because any attempt to install "Parallels Tools" caused windoze to crash immediately. Anyway, I have removed Parallels and installed windoze under "Boot Camp". Now I have to reboot the computer to use windoze but I don't use it much anyway and, since I wanted to upgrade the Mac to 10.5, I would have ended up having to buy another Parallels license. So, at this point, the "build version" is moot. I'm done with Parallels... But thanx anyway.

DD