[Installation Error] Error occurred when installing Parallels Network Driver

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by sirandreus, Apr 4, 2007.

1. sirandreus

sirandreus Bit poster

Hi,

Im trying to install Parallels on Vista Business (32 Bit) but Im expriencing an installation problem. See Thread title.

After the errormessage the installation cancels.

Im using the newest parallels version: Parallels-Wst-2.2.2112-Win

thanks in advance,
    Andreas

2. TopFloor

TopFloor Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem. The installer crashes when trying to install the network driver. I'm installing on Windows XP SP2. I'm using the latest version: 2.2.2112.

Please help, I'd really like to try this virtual machine. Oh, if you need any additional information let me know.

3. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Thank you for reporting.

Thank you. Our support team member will contact you. Please provide him with some files that he'll ask.

We will investigate and fix this problem.

4. jhudson81

jhudson81 Bit poster

Same...

I'm having the same issue with a vista ultimate host.

5. gmayer0

gmayer0 Bit poster

Networking in this thread: I get same error:

Does it have anything to do with my inability to add drivers to the VISTA device manager for the parallels quasi Ethernet connection? XP Pro SP2 works just fine. (that's how I'm adding to the forum). Also, is it disappointing that the earlier thread claims that a support tech will contact the user OUTSIDE the forum. After searching for an hour for the answer; dead end back at parallels. thanks: will keep looking for updates to parallels for vista till i find it.

6. CTran

CTran Bit poster

have this issue been resolved?

7. CTran

CTran Bit poster

I am having the same issue host Vista Ult.

Is there a fix?

8. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Everybody who has this problem please provide me following log files:
    %temp%\parallels-wst-install.log
    %SystemRoot%\inf\setupapi.app.log
    %SystemRoot%\inf\setupapi.dev.log
    Send files to beta-testing@parallels.com with subject "Wst installation error".

Thank you.

9. jpack

jpack Bit poster

same here

I am having the same problem... did anyone ever find a fix for this. The shame is I had a working installation from the trial but mistakenly uninstalled it once I registered... now I cannot reinstall, but paid for it!

10. jason.krywicki@gmail.com

jason.krywicki@gmail.com Bit poster

Nope... definitely no fix. I bought the software over a month ago. I wasn't able to install it on either one of my Vista Home Premium machines from day one. I pinged customer support many times and sent all of the log files they requested. My final response from them was that the new version of the installer was going to fix this and that it's release "must be soon". At that point, I asked for my money back which they did promptly do.

What does this tell me? That they have no fix and have no idea when they will have a fix. Doesn't it seem that these guys might be a little more focused on the Mac end of things? I'm going to go take a look at VMWare instead....

Jason Krywicki

11. jpack

jpack Bit poster

thanks Jason,
    that is what I figured. Funny I paid for the software and put in a support request two days ago and still have not received a responce from anyone at SWSoft. Good thing people like you are on the forums to help us paying members.

Looks like I will be asking for my money back. I was a former VMWare user who decided to switch, but I guess I will go back. I have used VMWare for years without issues, so I guess shame on me. Heck, even MS Virtual PC is free and worked before for me in Vista.

thanks again for the answer.

Justin