Installing Parallels on Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn....any luck??

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by Gentlefury, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Gentlefury

Gentlefury Bit poster

Moved from "How to"

I tried installing the Debian package using package manager and it installs fine. I ran parallels-config as root using sudo. It comes back saying there is an error and can not install. So i uninstalled it and tried to install it manually using dpkg and im still getting the same error. Has anyone successfully gotten Parallels to run on Feisty Fawn? This is very important to me as I do EVERYTHING in Linux, and only have a windows partition for one application...and switching is annoying. I have used Parallels on Mac and it is by far the best virtual machine env i've seen and think it would be a great addition to linux....if i can get it to run. As far as the support is concerned the docs say Ubuntu 5.04 is supported.....which is pretty old....7.04 is by far the best Linux distro i have encountered....so it would be very sad if parallels doesnt work. So, if anyone has gotten this up and running, please let me know!

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  2. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

I just finished my upgrade from Dapper to Feisty, and there were several issues that had to be dealt with to get it running in Feisty. Kinda sorry you didn't see the threads in the Windows/Linux Desktop forums.

Do a search for "Parallels with Ubuntu 7.04 as host" to get the first thread. In there, there will be a pointer to a new prlnet.c in a different thread. Make sure to go download that file and follow the instructions on installing. Also, make sure to create the symbolic link they talk about at that end.

Once those are done, it works fine.

Robert

3. digital-86

digital-86 Bit poster