installing Windows XP in the RC2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gotenks05, Jan 24, 2007.

1. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

I had to reformat my Mac because of some problems. Now, I am trying to reinstall windows on my Mac, so I upgraded the program from what version I had on disc to RC2 candidate. Installation of XP works fine for some time, but then it starts saying that one more more files could not be copied and to press enter to retry. If I decided to skip it, then it says windows may not work properly, and brings up that same message later. I also tried uninstalling parallels, but I cannot downgrade to the version that is on my disc. How can I get windows to install properly?

2. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Where are you people getting RC2? This is like the third post about it. the beta page still points to RC1.

3. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

Oh, that was what I downloaded, because I got the update from the parallels site. Still, I need help getting Windows XP to run properly.

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

OK first, what's the build version of RC2? Is it 3120, or is it higher than 3120?

Second, try a clean installation of Parallels.

5. msgreenf

msgreenf Bit poster

Build 3120 = RC2

6. drval

drval Pro

I think you mean build 3150 is RC2

7. drscience

drscience Member

I had this problem; I finally tracked it down to a scratched XP install disk. I did a low-level copy on my windows machine (or you could do the same on on the Mac), and I was off to the races again. Now I have two backups of the original CD, together with the .iso on the Mac side.