Internet connection

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Michael Davies, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Michael Davies

Michael Davies Bit poster

Running Parallels 12.0.2 Windows 10 and using mainly Office 2010 programs.
    Since this morning when I think I tried to update Parallels I seem to have lost Firefox internet connection.
    "Firefox can't find the server at www.facebook.com" (and all the other ones too).
    Similar report from Explorer.
    Outlook 2010 fails to find my emails.
    I have re-instaled Parallels - but no change to the Windows online connection
    I have run Windows Network Diagnostics - says that the Ethernet cable is not connected - though I have now got Wi-Fi running.

Safari runs OK on the Apple side
    My iPad and iPhone are connected via Wi-Fi.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

3. JamesS9

JamesS9 Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem. Have submitted a report: 132605213
    Would be great to have this resolved, very frustrating!
    Cheers!

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    About networking, it is a problem in Windows, it doesn't even try to access networking.
    As the first step try the next: start cmd.exe as Administrator and execute in it the command "sfc /scannow"
    It will be running for about 40-60 minutes. When it finishes, reboot Windows and check whether it have helped

5. Michael Davies

Michael Davies Bit poster

Been away from home for 3 weeks. Same problem exists just run problem report 133504824. Will try sfc /scannow. Done "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"
    Rebooted W10 - no changes to lack of Internet connection
    Loged on as another Admin user but no change to the internet problem
    Help!!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try to change the network adapter in the VM configuration and check. Refer to this article.