Internet Speeds not Matching

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by EdwardS7, Dec 23, 2020.

1. EdwardS7

EdwardS7 Bit Poster

When I run a speedtest on my mac and then run it in it Parallels, the speeds are way off. For example, I am constantly getting speeds of 700mbps/700mbps (Chrome browser) when I run it on the mac side. However, when I run it in Windows in Parallels (using Chrome browser) my speeds dip to 200mbps/300mbps. Does anybody know why? This is a wired connection.

2. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

Tried with Edge on both sides and could not reproduce it. Could it be something with Chrome in Windows?

3. EdwardS7

EdwardS7 Bit Poster

Thanks for the idea. I tried Edge right now (and Chrome in Windows again) and they stay between 200-500 mbps compared to Chrome on Mac OS which stays around 700mbps. I can't figure out why.

4. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

Two things to try. Create a new Windows10 VM from scratch and see if you can duplicate the issue. Check your networking - it should say shared. Did you change it?

5. EdwardS7

EdwardS7 Bit Poster

I have tried a new VM before and the same thing happens. I checked the network settings and it says "shared." I had this same issue with VirtualBox on a separate computer so it must be an issue somewhere else. Any ideas?

6. kundanno

kundanno Bit Poster

Maria from Parallels suggested a solution for a network crashing issue in another post in this forum. Try it.