iPhone Annoyance -- Parallels Takes over iPhone USB Connection

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by zmonster, Apr 9, 2008.

1. zmonster

zmonster Member

1. Every time I plug in my iPhone with Parallels running, Parallels hijacks the iPhone USB connection before Mac OSX gets a chance to connect to the iPhone. I then go to the Parallels Devices-->USB menu to de-activate the iPhone so that OSX can get a connection to it. How do I prevent Parallels from connecting to the iPhone completely (or before OSX), while at the same time still allowing other USB devices to connect to Parallels?

2. If this problem isn't annoying enough, sometimes, even after I deactivate the iPhone using the Parallels Devices-->USB menu, Parallels "steals" the iPhone USB connection away from Mac OSX. The device just suddenly re-initializes itself in Parallels and OSX loses the connection. I am not sure if this is Windows XP doing it, or Parallels, or something wrong in OSX. I hope someone has a solution for this problem too.

Thank You,
    Eric

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

When you start parallels you get a setup screen (do not start windows). Go to usb controller, on the right side click "ask me what to do" under connection options.