Is It Time to say Goodby to Parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by jenkinsr99, Apr 19, 2007.

1. jenkinsr99

jenkinsr99 Bit poster

Over a week ago I sent an email to Parallels support requesting a new licence, because I had to reload Parallels due to a hard drive failure. When I went to reload it told me my original, purchased, license had expired (purchased 12/16/05). I originally tried to load it with version 2.0. After that I tried to use the latest version, license not valid with this version.

I finally got an email from a support person named Diana (who, by the way doesn't know how to spell Parallels) suggesting that I download a Mac .dmg file. Why would i want to do that, I originally bought the Windows/Linux version?

If I can't get customer support for a small problem like this, what would it be like if I had BIG problems.

2. jenkinsr99

jenkinsr99 Bit poster

The ticket number was 136790, in case any one cares.

3. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Ok, i'll check this up tomorrow.

4. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

jenkinsr99,

Please check your email, we've sent you the key for your Parallels for Windows/Linux version.

5. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Bit poster

Similar Experience

I had an issue with Parallels; sent three emails to the support address and to this day have had no response. Also rang the support line (which I paid for) and left a number of messages - have still not heard anything back. Have solved the problem myself, but hacked me off a bit that I paid for a phone call that never got returned.

6. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

keepsmiling,

If you could provide me with your Phone support order ID via private message here, I would arrange refund for you.
    Money usually are returned to Customer within 5 business days, if paid by credit card.

7. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Bit poster

Order ID: 1168459804-13004-060805

8. JimIdle

JimIdle Bit poster

I can answer that for you - Parallels support treats everyone very fairly and does not distinguish between big and small problems, they just don't answer any of them :)

9. JimIdle

JimIdle Bit poster

Interesting, I assumed that the normal support line didn't answer because they were too busy answering the paid support questions. I almost bought into the idea that this was not too terrible and considered paying - glad I saw this post. Definately time to stop wasting my time.