iSight driver?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, Jun 6, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

Any chance that we will see an iSight driver in the final release?

2. ML2008

ML2008 Bit poster

I hope so because thats the reason I bought this product!

3. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

very unlikely..... That would be my guess...

4. chrisp

chrisp Member

This is not a Parallels problem but an Apple one. Look to Apple for a driver, I suspect they will have one by the time Bootcamp is out of Beta. USB has to be working properly in Parallels as well.

5. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

I don't think Boot Camp will ever get out of beta. It is test horse for next version of OK. They did say that it was ported back. That is just my opinion :)

6. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

iSight listed but not delivered yet.

Parallals RC3 new features page states:

NEW! USB 2.0 support - Plug and play popular USB devices like external hard drives, printers, scanners and web cameras including iSight at full native speed.

But it doesn't work as advertised - doesn't work at all on my VM

7. akac

akac Hunter

Parallels cannot provide drivers for iSight. What Parallels is saying is that their USB support is good enough now that you can install the drivers for your hardware and it will work within Parallels. So if you go grab the iSight driver from the Bootcamp drivers package and install that in Windows, Parallels will be able to use it.

Parallels is not providing drivers for al those things and won't because it would be stupid of them to do so.

8. reneeholiday

reneeholiday Bit poster

Cannot install Macintosh Drivers: error number: 0x80040707

I have downloaded the Install Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe 3 times (from a couple of different sources, including the Apple Boot Camp Assistant).

I cannot get the installation to work. It always gives me the following error:
    Error number: 0x80040707
    DLL function call crashed: DASsupport.WMIGetComputerModel

I've Googled the error number. But can't find anything about "WMIGetComputerModel".

Alternately, I downloaded the iSight Drivers. But cannot figure out how to get them loaded if my WinXP VM Device Mgr doesn't see the iSight.

Please help! I've spent about 4 hours trying to get this darn iSight thing running! :confused:

Many thanks!
    renee

9. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

you dont have the WMI service stopped by any chance ?

I used the Mac drivers from bootcamp and it works first time.

10. Hank66

Hank66 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. I found some documentation on Error # 0x80040707, but nothing that I have tried works. This is extremely frustrating. Support for the Isight camera so I could use Yahoo Messenger with voice and video was one of the reasons I bought parallels in the first place

11. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

not sure you can blame parallels too much, for apples installer for their own drivers crashing..

12. scotleag

scotleag Bit poster

I've installed 3186 without any great problems so far but iSight is proving difficult. It's recognised as new hardware by the guest OS (XP) but can't find drivers by automatically searching. Having looked at this forum I'm still having problems. I can't find any drivers package on my HD (I don't have Boot Camp installed and don't really want to if I can avoid it as Parallels works fine for me). In any case Apple's own site says it can't be installed onto XP with SP2 if the service pack was an upgrade - i.e. it will only instal onto a guest OS which already had SP2 on the installation disk. Nor can I find any drivers installation package by googling.

Like a lot of people iSight was one of the functions of this upgrade I was looking forward to using. All advice appreciated.

13. ericchiu

ericchiu Bit poster

why vmware supports this?

14. gareth_moore

gareth_moore Bit poster

When I try to run the Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP within my XP professional VM running 3186, I get an error box saying "This software does not support my hardware".

Has anyone got any ideas how to get round this? Or has someone managed to extract just the iSight drivers from the package?

15. scotleag

scotleag Bit poster

After two installations of Macintosh drivers burned from Boot Camp and finding that XP Pro recognised the new hardware but it wasn't appearing I came across this, taken from this very site. link here

I installed the drivers from there. Subsequently iSight disappeared totally - not just from Parallels but from the Mac System Profile as well. After a few frantic hours checking out what had happened and various restarts and fiddling around I eventually shut down my Macbook, unplugged, removed the battery, waited a couple of minutes, put the battery back, plugged in, powered up and lo and behold iSight was back as a USB device in the System Profiler and also appeared in XP in My Documents. Since tested in Yahoo and working fine.

I'm not recommending this course but it did work for me - eventually and at the cost of a few more grey hairs.

16. gareth_moore

gareth_moore Bit poster

17. Hank66

Hank66 Bit poster

Great! But how/where do you install them? They seem to be those mysterious .dll, .sys, and .cat files that only a Windows geek can love.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  18. deco

deco Bit poster

For those who can't get it to work... sorry if this is a bit obvious... but have you selected 'Devices' then 'USB' then 'Built in iSight' from the Parallels menu before you tried to install the drivers...? If not, that's what you need to do. Then the new hardware wizzard will start, and you can point it to the folder that contains your driver.

19. Hank66

Hank66 Bit poster

The only thing that happens when I select Devices>USB>Built-in isight is that a checkmark appears next to the menu item. No new hardware wizzard appears.

20. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

nothing appears in device manager ?

you could try to add new hardware manually..