Issue: Image Emulation Nogo (Daemon Tools, Alcohol etc)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by alvins, Apr 21, 2006.

1. alvins

alvins Junior Member

As above. None of the software I have tried can successfully mount iso images. I suspect due to the SCSI driver they install which isn't being installed properly.

2. jla0

jla0 Junior Member

I know it should be fixed if they don't work properly... but I've got to ask.. why would you want to use such software in the first place inside a VM? Parallels Workstation can already mount ISO images so that it acts as a real CD/DVD in the VM.. so they do the same thing?

3. alvins

alvins Junior Member

You can only specify the image during startup of VM. Once it is powered up it cannot be changed. i.e. If I want to change the image i have mounted while windows is running I am screwed.

4. ZMerLynn

ZMerLynn Bit poster

Eh? You can change the mounted iso just by going to Devices|CD and changing the iso that's mounted. Windows will even register the eject/insert properly .. at least it did for me.

5. BlueTrance

BlueTrance Junior Member

Daemon tools can mount much more image formats than Parallels, that would be a reason to use it.

6. alvins

alvins Junior Member

Yeah your right - didn't even see you could do that - thanks. Hopefully we still get the daemon tools etc. working in the release version.

Cheers,
    Alvin

7. wesley

wesley Pro

I'm curious... did you try Daemon Tools 3.47 or 4.0x? I remember installing 3.47 without problems, but never actually tried loading an image before destroying the VM for some other reason.

8. Siker

Siker Junior Member

I've installed the latest version of Daemon Tools and it installs just fine. It just doesn't work when it's time to actuall run it, because of the above mentioned SCSI problem.