Java issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by verloren, Aug 24, 2007.

1. verloren

verloren

I'm running an app that uses java 1.4.1_07 (for legacy compatibility reasons). The functionality that draws the gui (based on java swing) gives a fatal exception in awt.dll when trying to run beta 5060 (something about a 2d drawing function). Sorry I couldn't get more details, but I was in a hurry to revert to 4560 so I could get some work done!

2. verloren

verloren

Oh, forgot to mention - directx was off, acceleration was high, running on a macbook core duo, fully up-to-date 10.4.

3. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Hello,
    Could you please check our new Beta build 3.0.5120? It's supposed to fix this problem.

Thank you.

4. rshah21

rshah21

bug not fixed

The D3D issue is not fixed in 5120. If I launch the java plugin window from Start->Control Panel, I still get this issue (all windows are blank). Direct X is turned off for the VM

5. STim

STim Super Moderator

Can you tell us what exactly is the java plugin that misbehaves in latest beta? We will need to closer look at this issue in our testing labs.

6. verloren

verloren

Just tried with the latest build as requested, and the same error occurs:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
    Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred at PC=0x6D01EE51
    Function=Java_sun_java2d_loops_MaskFill_MaskFill+0x1AA21
    Library=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.1_07\bin\awt.dll

7. webertk421

webertk421

I also still have trouble with jre using build 5120. All gui java windows are blank. I see this behavior with Novell ConsoleOne 136f and when I open the Java Plug-in Control Panel. I currently have 1.4.2 installed.

8. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Could you please attach screenshots?

9. Anm

Anm

Still an issue in build 5144 (but better)

I just installed build 5144, and while we are beginning to get lightweight (e.g., Swing) component drawing, the more complicated UIs (like the NetBeans IDE) have huge redraw problems.

In single window mode, I'm occassionally seeing image duplication of the Java window all over the screen when the app opens. Since it is drawing outside the Java window, I think that is a strong sign that this is a Parallels video driver issue.

Within the GUI, scrolling areas (like NextBeans source view) have rampant redraw issues when dragging the elevator with the mouse. I have been able to recreate some of these problems outside of NetBeans in a simple JEditorPane, containing several pages of HTML text. Email me and I will send my Java example: login@login.la.ca.us (replace "login" with my forum login id).

I'm using Parallels on a MacBook Pro Core Duo with 2GB RAM (1GB dedicated to Parallels)

10. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

And update Java inside VM to the latest version.

11. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Anm,

please check your mailbox.

12. webertk421

webertk421

I've updated to jre-6u2. Attached are screenshots of the control panel and ConsoleOne.

Attached Files:

13. Anm

Anm

I never received anything.

14. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Anm,

Sorry. My fault.
    Please check it again.

15. Archy

Archy Super Moderator

Could you please provide me with list of applications you have installed inside irtual machine?
    Also please check status of DirectX support in Configuration - Video.

Thank you.

16. rizwank

rizwank