Kaspersky Internet Security breaks Networking

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by guydavies, Dec 30, 2007.

1. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi,

I've been trying to get my wife's new MacBook working with her old PC converted into a VM using Parallels transporter. It worked fine, but the Norton AV on the old PC had expired so I thought I'd give the KIS a go. However, when I install it, it seems to screw around with the network really badly.

I have totally uninstalled NAV including all the LiveUpdate modules.

As soon as KIS is installed, I can no longer get a DHCP lease for the bridged connection via the Airport. I've also tried with fixed ethernet and I cannot get a lease via that either.

I've tried using Shared Networking, too. That also fails to get a lease from the internal DHCP service.

If I delete KIS, everything instantly springs back into life. Has anyone had any similar problems?

I've taken a search through the forums and found some slightly similar problems but nothing seems to match the complete failure I get with KIS and the complete recovery without KIS.

Rgds,

Guy

2. owatagoosiam

owatagoosiam Bit poster

I am getting this too. It was working for months up until I went on vacation and shut my computer off. Now once KIS starts it breaks the networking. If I start it, it complains that its virus patterns are out of date but then it breaks the network and can't download the new one. I have shut it off for the time being but this is not good.

3. Helena

Helena Member

After more than three weeks of no internet connection, I found out that the problem was the Kaspersky firewall. Now that I turned the firewall off, it works fine - I have a connection again.

4. owatagoosiam

owatagoosiam Bit poster

5. Helena

Helena Member

the page was not found -- what was the complete link?

6. tattsenglee@gmail.com

tattsenglee@gmail.com Junior Member

Parallels Internet security using Kaspersky breaks everything

After I upgraded to Parallels 4.0 and converted my windows virtual machine to the new format, I noticed that everything was running at super slow speed. I click on Firefox in Parallels and it took like 5 minutes before the window appeared. I remember that the same kind of performance issues happened when I upgraded to Parallels 3.0 previously. Parallels team seems to be very consistent with these problems.

After that I was stupid enough to install the Parallels Internet Security (Kaspersky). Kaspersky started and complained that my virus database was outdated, so I clicked on update virus database and Kaspsersky started to scan my HD at the same time. Then things got from bad to worse. Nothing was responding on Parallels Windows. The Kaspersky window returned 'Not Responding'. I waited for like 15 minutes and nothing happened. My Parallels Windows hung!! I had to shut it down and restart, and everything was fine until Kaspersky started up.

To resolve it I uninstalled Kaspersky, and I had to exit Kaspersy (kill it) and uninstall it else it will hang Parallels Windows and I would not been able to do anything even uninstalling it.

My first and last encounter with Kaspersky. I will stick to my free AVG.

7. GhodartK

GhodartK Bit poster

uninstalled Kaspersky

How did you uninstalled Kaspersky?
    Thanks
    George

8. Dr Michael JB

Dr Michael JB Bit poster

Kapersky Disrupts Network Connections

Installed Parallels 5 with my new iMac and Windows 7 and everything worked great. Then I installed Kapersky and I cannot connect to network nor can I update Kapersky database. Once I uninstalled Kapersky, everything works great. Any ideas on how to configure network settings to get Kapersky to work?