Kaspersky Internet Security breaks Networking

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by guydavies, Dec 31, 2007.

1. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi,

Reposting in the correct forum: sorry for those who've already read this in the Windows/Linux area.

I've been trying to get my wife's new MacBook working with her old PC converted into a VM using Parallels transporter. It worked fine, but the Norton AV on the old PC had expired so I thought I'd give the KIS a go. However, when I install it, it seems to screw around with the network really badly.

I have totally uninstalled NAV including all the LiveUpdate modules.

As soon as KIS is installed, I can no longer get a DHCP lease for the bridged connection via the Airport. I've also tried with fixed ethernet and I cannot get a lease via that either.

I've tried using Shared Networking, too. That also fails to get a lease from the internal DHCP service.

If I delete KIS, everything instantly springs back into life. Has anyone had any similar problems?

I've taken a search through the forums and found some slightly similar problems but nothing seems to match the complete failure I get with KIS and the complete recovery without KIS.

Rgds,

Guy

2. kallisti

kallisti Bit poster

I had a (somewhat) similar issue.

For me it resolved by turning off just the firewall component of Kaspersky Internet Security. Didn't have to uninstall the entire package.

3. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi Kallisti,

Unfortunately, just turning the firewall off didn't help :-(

Rgds,

Guy

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Guy,

Please try the following:

Open Kaspersky Internet Security Settings;
    In Protection section disable Anti-Hacker;
    In Service section -> Network settings -> Port settings enable Monitors selected ports only.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. guydavies

guydavies Member

Hi Xenos,

My wife is currently not using the Windows VM to access the internet at all so we've got Kaspersky uninstalled. If I get a bit of spare time, I'll try it again and run through your suggestions.

Rgds,

Guy

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

OK, Guy. I will be glad to get the news from you.

Best regards,
    Xenos