Keyboard and mouse not responsive in XP VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pcraddock, Dec 26, 2008.

1. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Hi, I just got PD 4.0 build 3540 installed on my MacBook Pro and ran into an issue.. The built in keyboard and mouse register nothing when typing or clicking. I can get an external keyboard to work when connected to the VM, but no mouse. This VM was transported from Fusion. Is there a setting I am missing?
    Clicking "send ctrl+alt+delete" also does not register. Only an external keyboard works and only when connected to the Vm and not to OS X.
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Pls restart Windows in safe mode, while keyboard is attached and delete mouse and keyboard device from Device Manager

3. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Getting closer....

I removed the mouse and keyboard in safe mode... They now reinstalled and respond (sort of).. I am going to reinstall Parallels Tools to see if I can get them to cooperate fully. Have I mentioned that I hate Windows? I especially hate working in it without a mouse! lol

4. PedroCanuto

PedroCanuto Bit poster

Pd 4.0

Hi I have PD 4.0 running on a mac osx tiger and my mouse and keyboard don't work. I have a macbook and im trying to use the internal keyboard and i also have an external mouse. What should I do to make it work? Im trying to install xp professional but without keyboard and mouse its kinda hard...

5. John@Parallels

What is the mouse - Logitech?

6. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

Update

I am now fully operational. Many thanks to John for his advice!

7. PedroCanuto

PedroCanuto Bit poster

Yes

It is a logitech mouse are they not supported?

8. John@Parallels