Keyboard Problem with Equal Sign

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by hbg, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hbg

hbg Member

I have the apple wireless keyboard which has the numeric keypad on the right hand side. When using Parallels I have been able to use the hit the equal sign to enter the sign in spreadsheet cells in office windows excel or in in word windows docs up to now. However, now it has stopped working. The rest of the keypad numbers and signs work fine, and the equal sign works fine when using Mac office programs.

What is going on here and how do I fix it so I can start using the equal sign again on the keypad in parallels?

2. hbg

hbg Member

By the way, it is not just windows office programs, but any windows program where I try to enter an equal sign.

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I long since stopped using Apple keyboards and mice

Microsoft or Dell Windows keyboards
    and a Microsoft Basic Optical mouse

USB for me hard wired and reliable

Windows key = Apple Key

Hugh W

4. Upton O'Good

Upton O'Good Member

And it's not just the bluetooth keyboard. On my MacBook Pro it does the same thing if I press num lock (F6) and type the - key. I'm sure it will do the same thing with an Apple USB keyboard and possibly some third party keyboards too.

5. Upton O'Good

Upton O'Good Member

I long since stopped buying anything from Microsoft or Dell.

Like we're all going to go out and buy PC peripherals for our Macs.

6. fredcast

fredcast Member

Has anyone found a helpful fix for this problem? I have the same issue and it is totally annoying.

7. AkosB

AkosB Bit poster

Not found any fix. You cannot type equal on the numpad using Parallels.
    This is still a problem in 2020...

8. MOHDA2

MOHDA2 Bit poster

yes same problem too

9. Hello, please provide us with the detailed issue description in order to reproduce it on our side.
    Also please share with us your Parallels Desktop and macOS versions.
    Thanks in advance.

10. JimyE

JimyE Bit poster

It still is happening on my Parallels, super disappointed!

11. Hi, please provide us with the information requested above: your Parallels Desktop and macOS version and also detailed instructions how to reproduce the issue in order to test it on our side.

12. John53

John53 Bit poster

Same Issue:

macOS version: Catalina 10.15.7
    Parallels Desktop: Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Version 16.1.0

13. MOHDA2

MOHDA2 Bit poster

same issue :

macOS version: Catalina 10.15.6
    Parallels Desktop: Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac version 15.1.5 (47309)

14. Hello, could you please provide us with the step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce it our test environments.
    Also could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

15. MOHDA2

MOHDA2 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

I already send that 'Technical Data' many times before but nothing happened. Tried find solution from parallel support but didn't solve the problem until I found this thread.

16. Hello,
    unfortunately we cannot find your tech report data without the ID number. Could you please repeat it once again and provide us with the ID?

17. MOHDA2

MOHDA2 Bit poster

Here : 353714905 (just submitted), I can't find previous submitted ID.

18. GlenSydney

GlenSydney Junior Member

Hello, I have the same problem as the OP from 2007.
    I have the full size Mac wired keyboard (on an iMac late 2013) which has the numeric keypad on the right hand side.
    When using Parallels and any Windows program the equals sign key on the numeric keyboard does not work. However the equals sign key just near the F12 does work.
    On the Mac side they both work.
    My iMac runs Mojave 10.14.6
    My Parallels Desktop is 17.0.1 (51482).
    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.