Leopard / Windows XP - Compatible XP Games

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by lgriffin, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lgriffin

lgriffin Bit poster

Hi,

I'd like to start this thread in an effort to show a list of games which work with Leopard and Windows XP. I know there is a page on this website which details the games that are compatible, but i have tried several of those and the frame rates were so low that they were unplayable. I'm running a brand new ( as of Jan. '08 ) MacBook Pro top of the line with a tweaked version of Windows XP.

Here's what i've found so far. Please contribute games which are working well with your installations :)

Playable ( Good FPS, etc...)

* Baldur's Gate II with Throne of Baal - Works perfectly.
    * Planescape Torment - Works perfectly.
    * Divine Divinity - Works. Make sure to set the mode to "directdraw" instead of direct3d in the config options. Not sure why this is.

No Playable ( FPS too low, etc...)

* Dungeon Siege 2 - 8 - 10 FPS, not very fun.

Re: BootCamp: Before you do a post that says "Just run BootCamp", well, I need to have the parallels window open and like to multitask to windows to play a game while i'm working, so i'm just looking for more playable games, thanks though.

2. Fletch

Fletch Bit poster

The only game I've played for testing purposes is Quake 3 Arena. It is very fast.

3. mikevio

mikevio Bit poster

Planescape Torment

I also was able to install Torment (The best game ever) but cannot seem to increase its size. In full screen mode, it appears as a small window centered in the screen. The highest resolution I could get was 800X600 windowed! I can hardly see Morty!

Any suggestions for incresing its size. If I drag the Parallels window to male it bigger, it crashes.

Thanks,

Mike