Lexmark on USB won't unblock

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BinarySpike, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BinarySpike

BinarySpike Bit poster

Hello, I am working on getting a man's Macintosh Core Duo laptop, working with a Lexmark X7350 printer.

I was able to get his rx3000 HP iPAQ to connect to parallels win xp.

I am not sure what version of parallels is running, but I can make a guess, build 1832 (not sure!)

However, when I hooked his printer up, and went to the Device menu, it would not connect.

An error would appear basically saying "This device is blocked, please wait 5-10 seconds and try again"

I believe the finder is grabbing the device, I was wondering how to unblock the device so I can link it with parallels and in turn let win xp print.

Thanks!
    Nathan

2. BinarySpike

BinarySpike Bit poster

I have had little luck force quit'ing the finder as I plug the USB in.

Does anybody have any idea's?

3. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please open Parallels Desktop, in menubar click 'Parallels Desktop' -> 'About Parallels Desktop' and tell me the build number.

Best regards,
    Stacey

4. BinarySpike

BinarySpike Bit poster

Stacy, I have not been able to get on the computer in question. It is not mine.

However I know that parallels is somewhere in the 18xx range, and that the upgrade said 3xxx. I was not sure if the person in question would lose their personal data if I upgraded parallels through the upgrade dialog.

Thanks for the reply!

5. RealityExplorer

RealityExplorer Member

Stacy,
    Why ask someone to provide you with info when presumably your team can't get to replying soon since you folks must be incredibly backlogged.. as noted in the thread on the last release update of parallels where I'm the last poster on 12/25/07.. its now been 2.5 months and no response from Parallels in these forums or out to the last issue I raised, let alone the months before that with no response to other issues. I post in public so that hopefully someone else will see the solution/response and help more people than myself with an issue, rather than private support email. Any remotely rational customer support group will reply to forum posts before private email since they may help more people..
    You'd be surprised at how many sales you've likely lost due to bad customer service.. doing it right pays for itself..

6. BinarySpike

BinarySpike Bit poster

I agree, if you type in google "unblock usb printer mac"

This is the top link. (This thread)

7. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

just in case the person should update his Parallels Desktop via 'Help' -> 'Check for updates'. It will not affect his personal data.
    Then plug in a USB device into your Mac.
    Click the USB controller icon in the status bar (or choose USB from the Devices menu) to display the list of all USB devices available on your Macintosh computer.
    Choose the desired USB device in the list and click it to connect. The device will appear on the list with a check mark.
    Will it help?

Best regards,
    Stacey