License Cost/Feedback

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by EricW10, Sep 26, 2017.

1. EricW10

EricW10 Bit poster

Hello,

This is just a general concern/statement. First off I want to say that I love you product running on my iMac. I have been using the product since version 8 or 9.
    As of recently though I just hate the fact that every year we must pay another $49 (on sale) or $79 for another upgraded version of the software. I know your team needs the income I'm sure to continue development of the software and pay people that work on the software full-time. Sadly I think the cost has gone way too far for me and I will be not renewing my subscription any longer and move over to VMware Fusion. The reason is it just has better integration with ESXi and the cost of ownership is far less than Parallels at this moment.

Now I'm a little jaded also because I do get the software for free but I 'made' that happen because I simply was getting tired of repeatedly getting spammed almost with emails to pay more money to upgrade to ANOTHER version of parallels.

That being said, Parallels 12 will be my last version of the software I use. It's still good software but the amount of paid upgrades as often as they occur I think is getting out of control.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!