License covers laptop and desktop?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, Jun 1, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

Hi,

I have posted this question before but nobody has answered. Obviously I do not use both machines at the same time. Can I install my already purchased copy of Parallels on my desktop and laptop on the same license?

2. schmidp

schmidp Member

as far as i remember this question has been answered and the answer was that you need two licenses.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  3. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

Correct; each license of Parallels is valid for one machine. If you're looking to install on a laptop and a desktop, you'll need two licenses.

4. netdog

netdog Hunter

Okay, two licenses purchased in faith that Parallels will advance this platform as we move along. If you sell out to Apple for Leopard, I would like a rebate please. :)

5. mike3k

mike3k Member

Will you have some kind of muliple license pack to allow it to be installed both on a desktop & laptop (like Photoshop CS2 allows installation on two machines) rather than paying full price for both licenses?

6. timon

timon Member

Just like Apple's FamilyPack. Parallels should add one and follow Apple's lead. I like the iLife pricing. Parallel for OS X at $79, Family pack at $99.