Limited or no connectivity under Vista...

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by Tyler Bertrand, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Tyler Bertrand

Tyler Bertrand Bit poster

Hi everyone, I just installed Parallels in Vista Business. My guest OS is Windows XP not SP2, because I cannot update. I am getting the warning that there is limited or no connectivity on the network adapter and when I ran ipconfig it said I have no IP. Are there any specific settings I have to tweak inside Vista to get things functioning? I ran XP inside XP before and everything worked perfectly, so all I can assume is that its Vista. Thanks.

2. shadowreader

shadowreader Junior Member

Have you resolved this? I'm having the same problem here with Vista Ultimate and XP SP2. It worked on my lan but doesn't work while using my Sprint Broadband adapater. I get no IP address on my guest OS.

3. curriedgoat

curriedgoat Bit poster

Same Problem with XP SP2

I have a Vista Business Host with a XP SP2 VM and get limited or no connectivity.

4. Tyler Bertrand

Tyler Bertrand Bit poster

Not resolved...

No I am still having the same problem. I disabled UAC and every security feature in vista, booted and installed with XP SP2 compatibility but still can't get an IP. Hopefully someone figures it out.

5. huntmaester

huntmaester Bit poster

Usb Nic

I have the same problem, but as a work around connected a USB wireless NIC to the PC after booting the guest OS (XP SP2). This allowed me to get an IP through it. However, I am very diappointed I could not use the bridged network configuration.

6. milesmar

milesmar Bit poster

I'm running Vista Ultimate with the Guest OS as Win2K Pro and had the same issue however I created in Vista a Bridged Network between the Parallels NIC and my Wireless device and in the VM config selected the Bridged Device and everything works fine, IP Addresses allocated by DHCP and Internet connectivity from within my Guest OS.

Try creating a bridge network in Vista and use that in Parallels setup.

7. junebug

junebug Bit poster

Same Problem!

Damn, how has this thread been up for five months and Parallels hasn't even dignified it with a response? I'm a paying customer and I have no internet connection in my guest OS (XP SP2), even though my host OS (Vista Home Premium) does. I am using the Linksys WMP54G wireless network adaptor.

8. junebug

junebug Bit poster

I just did a bridged connection like previously noted and that worked well. I wish Parallels could've made this more clear so we don't need the help of other board members, though.

9. jdunn

jdunn Bit poster

Solution for version 3214 on OS 10.5

I am running version 3214 on OS 10.5 and just experienced this issue. I ended up using the uninstaller for OS X. This kept my guest OS in my library. Once I reinstalled Parallels 3214, the problem was gone.