Link for Parallels RC2?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BigPoppa, Jan 24, 2007.

1. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

Anyone have the download link?

Thanks

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

If it were ready for release Parallels would have announced it and linked it. This stuff is flakey enough without poking around looking for unreleased code.

3. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

I see people mentioning that they have upgraded to it, and wondered if it was available. Flalkyness is not a problem.

4. VTMac

VTMac Pro

I suspect you're reading really old threads that have been bubbled up lately referencing RC2 for what ultimately became the 1st version of Parallels for Mac last summer. There is no RC2 for the current release yet.

5. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

The beta program has not be well organized, so things like name overloading could be happening. There were RC releases some months ago and the old threads are confusing when they reemerge. In addition, there are now so many betas and versions running around here that it is difficult to discuss some problems people are having because they are having them on older betas. There is no point discussing problems with earlier betas because that code is long gone. Referencing the build number helps disambiguate the version under discussion. It would be helpful if Parallels had a page that provided a matrix of official releases and what has changed since the previous release.

And finally, a page like http://www.vmware.com/support/services/Beta.html would be very nice.

6. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Member

Totally agree DKP. I wish there were some better revision controls and forums dedicated to just certain releases or something that bucketizes versions.

7. barry

barry Bit poster

Just look at the build number associated with every release. The current released beta is 3120.