Little Problem With Windows Program

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by icemanfamily, Feb 21, 2008.

1. icemanfamily

icemanfamily Bit poster

hello,

not sure how much to say here...anyhow I have this computational chemistry viewer program (gaussview) i use on my little intel macbook. works fine with windows and worked fine with parallels including and up to ver5160. after that the next version i installed was ver5582 and this program won't run now. i waited until ver5584 but still the same problem. i have saved the windows error txt if that is useful. the program almost starts then just bonks. any help would be appreciated.

--------------- Host PC information ------------
    ---Primary OS version:
    Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.1: Wed Oct 10 18:23:28 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.25.20~1/RELEASE_I386---End of Primary OS version
    ---Processor(s) info:
    MacBook2,1
    Number of CPU: 2
    ---End of Processor(s) info
    ---Memory info:
    User memory: 1862344704
    ---End of Memory info
    Home directory: /Users/iceman
    Display:
    Session: local
    Vendor:
    Memory size: 2048

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

3. icemanfamily

icemanfamily Bit poster

4. AngellaT

AngellaT Bit poster

Hi, I'd like to install Gaussian (g03w) "setup.exe" but I'm having this problem "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher", I've already tried with properties->compatibility->compatibility mode and still nothing. I have a MacbookAir M1, windows 11 home (system type: 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor) on parallels (18.1.0). I've already installed some apps before but I don't know what's the problem with this one. HELP

Attached Files: