Lost Mouse Control in 3036

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BPSooner, Dec 13, 2006.

1. BPSooner

BPSooner Bit poster

I just installed the beta 3036 (actually upgraded over the previous non-beta version) and I installed Parallel Tools. After instalation, if I attempt to resize my Windows XP window, I lose completely the ability to move my mouse pointer in the XP window. It will work in the Mac OSX windows, but not at all in the Windows XP window. I have to shut down windows completely by the keyboard. What can I do? SHould I have uninstalled my previous version of Parallels before installing the beta 3036? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

bpsooner

2. rwforster

rwforster Bit poster

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels Tools? It may be an issue with the tools mouse sync. To use the mouse, enought to navigate XP (slowly), you can select the Paralels USB | Keyboard input/Trackpad option if you leave Parallels in a windowed mode (bottome right corner).

Once you have some mouse movement, select the Tools icon in the quickstart menu (or find it in the Program Files\Parallels folder). Select Mouse Sync and see if the checkbox is checked and or greyed. If it's not greyed and not checked, try selecting it. Otherwise, run the Tools install to remove , reboot VM (I got error messages while rebooting), then rerun Tools install to reinstall.

Hopefully, you'll get mouse control back after the first VM reboot.

reggie