LOVE Parallels Access, but are the devs reading my bug reports?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PeterP9, Oct 27, 2017.

1. PeterP9

PeterP9 Bit poster

I was totally surprised by how good Parallels Access, which has turned my iPad into a much more useful device, and allowed me to do do some important work (running scripts etc) via my phone while working out. However a few of the bug reports I made don't seem to have generated feedback that I can see. These are

A) command + number keys are shifted one to the right, so command + 1 will enter command + 0 to the guest Mac. Verified in Key Codes.app. This is using a Bluetooth keyboard but I am 99% sure it will happen with Apple's keyboard system too.
    B) The stupid system always sends curly quotes. Have you tried to code with curly quotes? It doesn't usually work out well.
    C) A new small frustration, command + delete to move a file to the trash is blocked from the Finder, or else it's another keyboard mapping issue. I am smart and can make workarounds but why frustrate users?

I'd love to hear that my bug reports (for the first two issues) were actually being read and the issues will be addressed.

LOVE Parapplels Access, though, and will be a lifelong customer as long as issues like this are addressed.

2. PeterP9

PeterP9 Bit poster

Another "helpful" bug, the program "helpfully" converts to - character into a -- long M dash, which of course is worthless to anyone who needs -- in an AppleScript.

3. PeterP9

PeterP9 Bit poster

Wow, the biggest problem yet -- it appears to be impossible to use function keys via a remotely controlled Mac.They always serve their "function" (raise brightness, volume etc) whether the function key, or fn + function key, is hit. Therefore we can't get real work done without jumping through yet more hoops. Can I get a reply that these issues will be taken seriously?

4. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hi PeterP9, thank you for beeing part of the Parallels Community! This is to acknowledge the issues you brought up have been passed on to our Engineering Team and we will try our best to address these in one of the upcoming updates. Cheers, Danil