Mac logs out after Parallels Access Session

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by IsaacW1, Sep 28, 2015.

1. IsaacW1

IsaacW1 Bit poster

My Mac logs out after each Parallels Access session. It is very inconvenient. I'll be working on something away from home with access. When I get home, it is lost and my mac has logged out.

I've had two support sessions where we reinstalled everything, repaired disk permissions, and have recently been disconnected while in the middle of the session. I was emailed to reschedule for several hours later - when I'm not available. I've spent many hours on this already. Surely the solution is somewhere other than my disk permissions. Help?

Isaac
    OSX 10.10.4
    Parallels Access 3.0.1
    IOS 8.4.1

Attached Files:

2. MichaelM46

MichaelM46 Bit poster

You can set your Mac to automatically log out the current user after a set period of inactivity. This helps ensure that your information is secure when your Mac is unattended.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.

2. Click the lock icon to[​IMG] unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.

3. Click Advanced.

4. Select "Log out after... minutes of inactivity."

5. Set the amount of time before the user is automatically logged out.
    6. This guide also applies to iMessage On PC.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  3. PatrickM3

PatrickM3 Junior Member

I think the issue here is that Access itself logs out... and requires you to log back in again in order to start the service... what good is a service if you have to keep logging back into it to start it. it should autostart with credentials you only need to log in once.