Mac Office Apps Not Available as Shared Apps

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Knocka, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

I have Parallels Build 5608 installed under Mac OS X 10.5.4. I also have the MS Office 2008 for Mac installed. The main application I run in Parallels is Outlook. I want .doc files and .xls files (as well as the other Office file types) to open with MS Office 2008. Several mac applications appear in the Windows Start Menu under Parallels Shared Applications, but not the Mac Office Applications. I have Parallels Tools installed with Shared Applications enabled. How do I get them to appear and associate the Office file types with the Mac Office programs? Thanks in advance.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Mac Applications do not appear there, You can select what file to be used with which applications from
    Applications Edit and select Microsoft Word Document -etc, and select corresponding application

3. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

The Parallels Applications Menu has an Edit item, but the only programs that appear in that list are the Windows programs. I want to associate .doc files with the Mac Word program.

4. John@Parallels

5. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

Microsoft Word Document does not appear in that list.

6. John@Parallels

Applications - Windows - Populate.
    Or in Windows right click .doc file and select open with, and choose to always use Mac Office World

7. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

I got it working. Thanks.