MacBook Parallels: A few issues. (constant fan, heat and other questions)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mini.boss, Jan 7, 2007.

1. mini.boss

mini.boss Bit poster

Ive been loving Parallels but a few things have been keeping me from using it as often as I want. Its pretty much a clean install with only Quicken, Picasa and Hello installed so I don't think it's Windows at fault this time.

1) Fan/Heat: With Parallels off then my system runs cool and quiet but with Parallels running even without any apps open it turns on my fans and runs about 10degrees hotter.

2) Coherence Suspend: When i suspend in coherence it never wakes up proper. I need to switch to OS window and back to coherence. Not a big problem but annoying since i have to suspend alot.

3) 500MB Ram limit. I'm not sure why but ever since going Beta then I'm limited to 500MB on all VM's (Ubuntu, Vista, XP). I have 2GB installed and 500mb is fine with me but I don't get why its happening.

I'm a new Mac user and I really love having such easy access to my essential Windows apps on my mac but I was hoping I would be able to leave Parallels running full-time. So any advice would be helpful.