macbook pro sleep freeze destroys parallels vm

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fuzzy2, Sep 18, 2007.

1. fuzzy2

fuzzy2 Bit poster

Macbook pro (17").
    Parallels 2.5 build 3212
    Windows xp pro

I like to run parallels with a windows xp vm concurrently (duh!) while working with osx.
    I also like to close the lid on the computer putting it to sleep without having to shutdown everything. Frequently the computer freezes during sleep and does not wake up anymore. Upon forced restart the vm is crashed and whatever was in it at the lime is lost. If I pause the vm and close parallels I STILL loose that state if this happens. In that case upon resuming the vm crashes and restarts. Now yesterday the computer locked up hard after parallels windows started acting strange (some things would not work) and this time it *destroyed* the windows installation!!! Everything on the virtual drive was messed up and after windows fixing the disc (took forever) and reinstalling (repairing) the OS all of the data currently open at the time is lost. The install is so messed up its not worth saving. Considering the many other problems I have had this is rather poor for a program like this. I can not rely on it and ordered overnight another (windoze) computer!! I went through the sleep problems with Apple and it almost seems my parallels is causing it as now that i am not using it the computer is been running trouble free. Is this possible? Very disappointed, does someone have a good answer or I will put the parallels in the garbage bin and resign this macbook pro to cs3 and a printserver in the back corner . Very sad for my mac experience.

I purchased the parallels on may 17 this years and recently was offered a free upgrade to 3.0. I send in the proof of purchase that day and then the website told me I had passed the time limit. What the #$%$???? I will not pay a dime for this update!