MacOS 11.4 black screen after log in

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by RobertC41, Jun 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RobertC41

RobertC41 Bit poster

Does anyone has the same issue like me?
    After updating my MacOS to 11.4, when I log in using my iPad it keep showing black screen, and if I don't disconnect sooner, my Mac would crash.

2. JesusP5

JesusP5 Bit poster

I get blank screen after updating to big sur 11.4 using any device, os, or browser, even mobile. Unable to connect, windows or earlier mac os versions still working fine. Been trying for a week to get a hold of support but no one answers

3. BradC

BradC Bit poster

I'm having the same issue with 11.4. I try to log in from my iPhone and I just get a black screen with a spinning wheel. I tweeted Parallels Support a few days ago about it but no reply. Hopefully they push out an update soon.

Attached Files:

4. Rossh51

Rossh51 Member

Also seeing this and only since update to 11.4 Big Sur on target iMac. Tried on both iPad and Web browser for access but just get black screen/spinning wheel. I can access my Win 10 laptop normally using my iPad on Access. Help needed, please.

AnastasiaS1 likes this.
  5. RafaelaC1

RafaelaC1 Bit poster

Same here.

6. ShawnH6

ShawnH6 Bit poster

7. Rossh51

Rossh51 Member

I was away when I logged this issue. On returning home found that issue was that the Access Permissions for PA had been lost. Restored these and all works fine!. Not sure whether issue was PA or Big Sur but it makes relying on remote access when away a bit risky.

8. BradC

BradC Bit poster

Thank you Rossh51! That indeed was the issue for me too. The "screen recording" rights for the Access agent had somehow become deselected on the MacOS uodate!

9. Rossh51

Rossh51 Member

Good reason to not do any updates while away! Makes sense that it was BS update responsible.

AnastasiaS1 likes this.
  10. MaartenC

MaartenC Bit poster

You also have to grant "parallels acces agent" in screenrecording. working with 5.6 now going to try 6.

11. ShawnH6

ShawnH6 Bit poster

MaartenC that worked. Thanks.

12. paulgarb

paulgarb Bit poster

I struggled with this too and found the solution (privacy/accessibility/ give access to Parallels Access) only when I deleted and reinstalled the Mac agent. I was confused as the connection to my older Mac Mini (still on Catalina) worked perfectly. It appears that the "Parallels Access" entry in the accessibility list only appears in Big Sur so I assume new - in Catalina only the "Parallels Access Agent appears.

A proper answer in the Parallels website support area would have saved me (and many others no doubt) some considerable time & effort.

13. RonJ1

RonJ1 Bit poster

I can access my M1 mini from an ipad, only if I have the video alive and not sleeping, access from a PC does not work. Sometimes if I turn off screen recording, re-enable, it may work once, but not again. Accessing my other MBP, non m1, non BigSur works all the time whether screen is off or on.

14. dibor

dibor Bit poster

Have problem also with my Mac mini on M1.
    I can not to access to my mac from any PC if Mac is slipping :(

15. paulgarb

paulgarb Bit poster

This issue has arisen again in relation to the legacy macOS Catalina - in this case the recent security update has meant you need to allow Screen Recording (in the Privacy setting dialogue) access for Parallels Agent. Confusing at first as Big Sur worked fine but the legacy MacBook on Catalina did not. All fixed now though still no coherent response form Parallels themselves,

16. JorgeM4

JorgeM4 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem, I can access from my old Mac mini with Catalina, but I get a black screen with the Mac mini M1. Have you found the solution?

17. JorgeM4

JorgeM4 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem, I can access from the iPad to my old Mac mini with Catalina, but when I try to access the Mac mini M1 I get a black screen. Have you found the solution?

18. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @JorgeM4, Grant permissions for Parallel agent and Parallels Access in system preferences->security&privacy->privacy tab-> screen recording and accessibility and check. Thanks.

19. JorgeM4

JorgeM4 Bit poster

Hello McallenT, thank you very much for your quick response. Those permits are already granted. For some reason that I don't know, the problem is when the Mac is locked. Yesterday I changed the options so that the hard drives do not shut down at any time, but the same problem continues

20. JorgeM4

JorgeM4 Bit poster

I should clarify that if the Mac Mini is not locked, I can access it without any problem.